This position will be for the 2023/2024 School Year
- Provide strategic behavioral intervention, implementation and evaluation of the intervention strategies that address the needs of at-risk students.
- Provide training and student behavioral strategies to all staff.
- Develops and administers disciplinary procedures in accordance with district policies and state laws; receives referrals and confers with students, parents, teachers, community agencies, and responds to and resolves parent, student, and staff concerns and complaints; serves on discipline or expulsion panels as assigned.
- Supervises students on campus before and after school; monitors students during lunch, recess, passing periods, and other activities; instructs students in appropriate behavior; disciplines students in accordance with established guidelines.
- Monitors and organizes attendance functions; calls parents, and attends meetings as needed, regarding absent or tardy students; provides leadership for attendance improvement efforts.
- Participates as needed in Individual Educational Plan meetings and Child Study Team.
- Provides support to the after school program in collaboration with school staff and/or from outside agencies.
- Applies knowledge of school law and district policy.
- Works with the Principal to establish a safe and secure learning environment for students. Develops plans for emergency situations in collaboration with other administrators, staff, and public safety agencies; directs the work of yard duty staff and crossing guards; plans and debriefs emergency drills; updates the school safety plan.
- Develop and implement a strong and effective student management program to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Responsible for conducting all student investigations, including completing all necessary paperwork related to incidents.
- Responsible for inputting discipline reports into Infinite Campus and completing the MDE Disciplinary Incident Reporting System (DIRS).
- Performs a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principal in managing the school, assumes any duties as assigned.
- B.A/B.S. degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field of teaching, Administrators license preferred
- 3+ years teaching/instructional experience plus 3-5 years experience in a Dean or other academic leadership position in a school setting
- Trained or willing to be trained/knowledgeable on school systems, such as Envoy, Second Steps, PBIS and CPI.
- Duties are normally performed in a school/classroom environment; school building is a multi-level building that has an elevator and is accessible
- Position requires extensive interaction with children of all ages
- Duties may occasionally be performed on field trips away from school
- Duties may occasionally be performed in outdoor environments, such as athletic fields or playgrounds
- Duties may occasionally be performed in varying weather conditions, such as hot or cold weather.
- Possible exposure to loud and noisy locations (e.g. loud classrooms or cafeterias; children speaking or laughing loudly).
To apply, or for more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts school’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the school and the employee.