The Head of Custodian assumes responsibility for managing the day-to-day custodial operations of the school, maintaining building and ground in safe condition at all times. This position also supervises, directs, and assigns duties to regular employees, part-time, temporary, or seasonal workers. This is a 12-month position.
- Manages and supervises all district building and grounds personnel to assure facilities and grounds are safe, energy efficient, properly maintained and comfortable.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff; participates in administrative and staff meetings.
- Monitors the overall operation of district facilities including heating, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Submit requests for repair of equipment after troubleshooting/attempting repair.
- Supervise and direct custodial/maintenance personnel on issues pertaining to building safety, security, scheduling issues, building code regulations, capital projects, maintenance projects, and custodial or set up needs. Serves as the chair of the school safety committee.
- Implement work orders program, track building and safety issues, identify possible solutions by documenting and preparing reports, inspection sheets, safety procedures or other documentation/reports, as required.
- Directs and monitors staff work performed, schedules and priorities in the cleaning, care, and maintenance of building facilities and grounds in accordance with the standard procedures and guidelines established by the Board and the director.
- Orders supplies, cleaning materials, services and equipment necessary to maintain the building properly. Maintain and organized the custodial
- Maintains an up-to-date file of all relevant material safety data sheets (MSDS’s), and provides copies of such to the Building Operations Director for the purpose of required OSHA recordkeeping.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level or type. Participates in safety and related OSHA training.
- Proven experience as in leadership role in custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- High school diploma is preferred but not required