Welcome to the Family Engagement Page! At HOPE Community Academy, our families are at the heart of what we do. Thank you for entrusting your student(s) in our care. We are committed to helping your students succeed through a collaborative parent and school partnership. We have three Family Engagement Specialists to support you and your students.
Juavah Lee, Program Development Director
Phoua Yang, Parent and Community Engagement Coordinator
Taw Moo, Karen Parent Liaison
As part of family engagement, we offer the following services for our families:
- Interpretation in the parents’ native language during conferences, events, special education meetings, and other meetings by request.
- Translation of school materials into Hmong and Karen. We are able to translate in other languages as well if requested.
- Interpret for teachers on phone calls to parents by request.
- Promote cross cultural understanding between the school and parents.
- Organize and host Family Nights and other school events that strengthen the relationship between the school and parents.
How can I be involved at HOPE?
There are many opportunities for parents to volunteer their time. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Volunteering in a classroom
- Chaperoning on a field trip
- Participating in Family Nights and other family events
- Attending Fall and Spring Parent Teacher Conferences
- Watching your students play sports
- Serving as a Parent Member on the School Board
- Serving as a Parent Member on the Parent and Teacher Association (PTA)
For more information on how to be involved, contact our Family Engagement team at 651-796-4500.