Supporting your Child
As a parent, you are your child’s first teacher. Many parents often feel as if they do not have the education or knowledge to help their children succeed in school and academics. This is simply not true. At HOPE Community Academy, we strive to provide parents with the knowledge and resources they need to help their children succeed. Here are a few simple tips on what you can do at home with your child.
- Create a designated space for your child to do their homework and study.
- Eliminate distractions such as TV, phones, and iPads when doing homework or studying.
- Read with your child for at least 20 minutes a day. Have your child read with you. Point to pictures in the book and ask your child questions about the story.
- When reading, write down words your child did not know so they can ask their teacher about it at school.
- Communicate with your child’s teacher about their academic progress. Don’t wait until conferences.
- Try your best to help with homework, but if you or your child do not understand the problem ask for clarification or help from the teacher.
At HOPE, we have bilingual family engagement specialists and paraprofessionals to help you connect with your child’s teacher. You can call the main office at 651-796-4500 to receive assistance connecting with your child’s teacher.
Click here for our enrollment interest form.
To report a student absence, call 651-796-4500
- “Neighborhood House”/ Wellstone Center – 179 Robie St E, Saint Paul, MN 55107 Phone: 651-789-2500
- Families can receive one to two free boxes of food (pasta, milk, bread, eggs, etc.)
- Joseph’s Coat 1107 7th St W, Saint Paul, MN 55102 Phone: (651) 291-2472
- Families can receive 2 free bags of clothes once a month.
- PCA Application for parents caring for an elder or child with a disability
Medical/Mental Health Resources
- Face to Face
- Helps families with basic needs, mental health services, medical clinic services and case management and MNsure Services.